RE: Inventive Documentation [was Re: Let's hear it for Connie...( or, go and do likewise...)]

Subject: RE: Inventive Documentation [was Re: Let's hear it for Connie...( or, go and do likewise...)]
From: Richard Lippincott <richard -dot- lippincott -at- ae -dot- ge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 09:25:26 -0400

John Garrison:
>Prompted by Connie, Chuck, and Megan, I, too have done some
introspection as
>to "what have I REALLY done lately"

Prompted by all of the above...

I developed a formalized document QA system at a company where none had
existed before. This totally changed their model of document QA from SME
reviews to hands-on testing. I proposed the plan, developed the policy and
procedure, got myself moved into the QA department, and then did nothing but
doc testing. The sales department actually used this as part of their pitch
("We've got a guy who tests every procedure before its published, to ensure
that your documentation is correct."), and in customer satisfaction surveys
the concerns about the doc set went from "They're not good and we place a
high priority on their improvement" to "They're good and we can rely on
them."

--Rick Lippincott
Saugus, MA

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l