Re: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute... (a few replies)

Subject: Re: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute... (a few replies)
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:30:32 -0700

Having tried once already, off-list, to counter Mr. Eagles' remarks, I was about to try again--on-list, this time, since that is his preference.

Then I read the responses from Tom Murrell and Fiona Hurley, in which they've done an even better job than I would have done.

Thanks, folks!

Clearly we are not going to change Mr. Eagles' mind, or the mind of the other people who have expressed similar views. I for one am tired of trying to point out the self-centered, self-aggrandizing, and self-pitying essence of the points put forth in so many of these messages about "companies that piss jobs out of our hemisphere." I'm also embarassed every time an American reinforces the negative image of us that is held by so many people in other countries.

As grown-ups, I hope we can agree to disagree and get back to technical writing soon.

--David

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l