Re: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute... (a few replies)

Subject: Re: SLAVE labor? Just a darn minute... (a few replies)
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:01:27 -0400

Thomas Eagles wrote:

> Really? Then let me be the first. If the least expensive resources means
> that highly skilled people who have invested in the company (time,
> money, hope, whatever) are displaced by less skilled people just because
> they are cheaper and the company wants to pad their bottom line, then
> that is not only *wrong* but *evil.* That is, if you consider greed to
> be evil. Anyway, isn't it one of the seven deadly sins? I thought I read
> that somewhere. <g>

You are making the same definitional mistake that many corporate
managers make. *Least expensive* does not refer only to immediate out of
pocket cost. the loss of a skilled base of labor can be a very expensive
cost.
I won't get into the issue of whether cutting costs = greed, other than
to remind you that corporate managers are trustees for the owner's
(public's) investment in that company.

--
Peter

"When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a
minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute-and it's
longer than any hour. That's relativity,"
- Einstein-

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l