Re: A brief comment from an American...

Subject: Re: A brief comment from an American...
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 10:38:34 -0400

Charles,

I wholeheartedly concur.

Other than a few miles into Canada and a few miles into Mexico, I've never left the US, and there are plenty of states I've never set foot in, either. But I do have what one recent post called a "semi-classical education;" I do read; I do listen to the radio and watch tv and go to the movies. And I hope those exposures have given me the sense to respect the capabilities and intelligence people apply in their lives regardless of their circumstances of birth, to understand how much more we are all alike than we are different, and to appreciate how lucky I was to be born in this country.

Like you, I'm embarrassed for and dismayed by the ignorance displayed by a few list members recently. I can only hope they develop more gloabal views as they get older and that friends around the world understand how unrepresentative these individuals are of what's best about the US, our longstanding liberal tradition--albeit a tradition that of late has been overshadowed by a more sinister imperialist thrust--of embracing all cultures.

Tech writing tie-ins? Audience analysis. Internationalization. Localization. Serving the needs of your users. Learning to work in a global economy. Job security.

Dick

From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:43:56 -0400

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l