Re: An Editor's Role

Subject: Re: An Editor's Role
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:27:19 -0400

I remember my first corporate writing gig--I worked for the CEO. He used green ink exclusively, and the editor used red ink exclusively. By the time I got my first draft back I thought it was the company christmas card!
After that, I kinda provoked them both--just to see how colorful I could make the edited versions! ; ))

At 07:51 AM 6/29/02 -0700, Emily wrote:

I value editors who are ruthless but terse with their red pens.
My advice, Worzel, is that you accept graciously the work of your editors and don't take the red ink personally.

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek2 -at- earthlink -dot- net
"Where it is possible, live in peace with all men."
(Romans 12:18)

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l