locked file in Framemaker

Subject: locked file in Framemaker
From: "Gilda Spitz" <gspitz -at- longview -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:51:17 -0400

I know I've seen this tip in Techwr-l before, but I can't remember ....

I have a Frame book file that crashed yesterday. When I opened it again today, I was able to release the locks for all but one of the files within the book. For that one, I get a message that it's view-only. I know for a fact that no one else is using the file.

I seem to remember that there's a quick fix for this, but I can't find it. By the way, I'm using Frame 7.0, but I think it would be the same fix as for 6.0.

If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation Services
Longview Solutions Inc.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l