RE: Slow Tech Writers (offshoot of "Looking for advice -- up to t he j ob?")

Subject: RE: Slow Tech Writers (offshoot of "Looking for advice -- up to t he j ob?")
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 10:23:00 -0400

letoured -at- together -dot- net wrote:

>I wasn't commenting on your post per si, but on the general concept of slow
>vs. whatever.

The situation you describe (writing installation, operation, and maintenance documentation for critical engineering applications) requires that documentations be done methodically and expertly, as you say. However the "slow tech writers" description began as a way to distinguish among the abilities of individuals in a given situation, not as a way to distinguish between types of tech writing projects. Some people work faster than other people regardless of the task. Some people make fewer errors than other people regardless of the task. In some situations (flying fighter jets, say) making errors is a really bad thing, I'll grant you; nonetheless, it is possible to distinguish levels of ability.

Your comments on "slow vs. whatever" are really comments on difficult vs. easy. Interesting, but not really relevant to the thread they diverged from.

Dick

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l