Re: A Mac Question Concerning Screen Shots

Subject: Re: A Mac Question Concerning Screen Shots
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:05:43 +0200

>Obviously this complicates taking screen shots. I can't (unlike in Windows)
>switch to the third party screen capture utility (in the middle of the
>installation) and take the shot, then move onto the next screen in the
>installation sequence.

This is not true, for several reasons.

First, the Mac has a built-in screen capture tool that creates a file.
Press Command-Shift-3 to capture the entire screen or Command-Shift-4 to
get a rectangluar selection tool. The files will be on the top level of
your boot disk. (This works in practically all applications.)

Second, most if not all screen capture utilities on the Mac work as a
kind of TSR, i.e., they are always available via a selectable hot key.

I'm using Snapz Pro (www.ambrosiasw.com), which is shareware, but there
are other utilities. You may want to check versiontracker
(www.versiontracker.com).

Note that on the Mac it is customary to have different tools for taking
and editing screenshots. I.e., don't expect your screenshot utility to
include an image editor.

Hope this helps
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l