RE: PDF to Word Conversion Tool

Subject: RE: PDF to Word Conversion Tool
From: JimGroark -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2002 19:21:11 -0400

Ed,

I've found that there are tools that allegedly will "extract", rather than
"convert" text from .PDF files. The process, and the results, seem similar.

I found a number of these by searching ZDnet, using ".PDF" and "extract",
or ".PDF" and "convert" as search terms.

A lot of what you'll find is demo versions of commercial products, such as
"Drake" and Gemini".

Unfortunately, for my needs, I couldn't find anything that worked very
well.

What *I'm* looking for is something that will facilitate extracting multi-
page tables (or what look like tables) from .PDF files which are hundreds
of pages in length. Then, I want to be able to paste the "tables" into
MS Access or MS Excel, for manipulation.

VR
Jim Groark

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l