Re:pictures, words, info, glyphs, symbols, thoughts

Subject: Re:pictures, words, info, glyphs, symbols, thoughts
From: "Owen" <owenf -at- mighty -dot- co -dot- za>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 00:09:51 +0100

>Mankind stopped trying to communicate with little pictures about 3000
years ago (letoured)

I'll be on the lookout for road signs bearing the sentence "Right-bearing
curve ahead," (christensen)

hahahahahahhaha

to think that either pictures or words are enough to convey the complete
range of human-parsable data is ridiculous. i think our objective should be
to make transmission of information from one brain to another as efficient,
painless and effortless as possible. people shouldn't be warned that nukes
are dangerous (to use kent's particular circumstance) in a language they
don't understand. similarly, people shouldn't have to try and understand
baudrillard through pictures only.

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l