Re: PDF to Word Conversion Tool

Subject: Re: PDF to Word Conversion Tool
From: letoured -at- together -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 08:46:33 -0400

In <3D31696A -dot- 6010406 -at- fiam -dot- net>, on 07/14/02
at 08:07 AM, Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net> said:

>letoured -at- together -dot- net wrote:

>> The trouble is that is that keying in numerical data makes errors -- and he
>> has hundreds of pages to do.
>>

> You
>> can print a file to it and get a multi-page tiff file at fax resolution. I've
>> then used an OCR program, like TextBridge in the training mode to correct the
>> data, and saved it to a format needed.

>There would be no point to that. You can copy and paste or export the text
>directly from the PDF without going through OCR. The issue is that Jim wants
>to export TABLES, not that he wants to export text. Your solution gets him
>no closer to the solution.

True. But I didn't assume that the PDF file was made from text. If it was
produced by scanning printed pages, can you cut and paste parts of a page? --
With OCR I think you can recover the data. And its certainly going to be more
accurate then retyping.

letoured -at- together -dot- net

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l