RE: Author Credit

Subject: RE: Author Credit
From: "LeVie, Donald S" <donald -dot- s -dot- levie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 07:27:58 -0700

Joy asked:
>>I'm asking because an engineer on my team wants me to put his name down to

credit him for docs that he's worked on. These are all internal IT
documents.<<

It's common practice at Intel to list the engineering project lead's contact
information in Chapter 1 of internal and external documents (mostly various
types of architecture specifications). The engineering project lead usually
coordinates the development of the spec chapter content (these books often
exceed 1,000 pages) with team SMEs, who work closely with Tech Pubs as the
documents get more refined.

But there's no way any one person could put his or her name as the "author"
of the document as they are such collaborative efforts. I've worked on
dozens of specifications here at Intel, and thousands of documents over my
career, but outside of proposals where I was the author, I've never placed
my name for "credit" but only for contact information.

Donn Le Vie, Jr.
Technical Publications Project Manager
Technical Communications Council Manager
Personal Client Architecture (PCA) Components Group
Intel Corporation
Office: 512-314-0221
Cell: 512-797-3035
Fax: 512-314-1108