RE: Author Credit

Subject: RE: Author Credit
From: "Bill Swallow" <wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:23:41 -0400

The only case where a name is needed is when preparing specifications
and so forth, where the author needs to be contacted by other members of
the company for questions, comments, and changes. These are internal
documents, by the way. The name indicates the "owner" of the project,
which is important for other employees to know.

Personally, there are very few documents I've worked on that I'd even
think about putting my name on, as many aren't of the quality I'd like
them to be (mostly due to timing, resources, and other work factors).
But wanting to put your name on it is indeed a bit immature, especially
if it's just for the sake of saying "hey, I wrote this". Personally,
unless I authored the book myself and it was for retail sale, I'd not
want my name on the book, as then people know to contact ME with
questions. Frankly, I get enough phone calls and e-mails as it is. *g*

B I L L S W A L L O W
Information Design & Development Professional
tel/fax: 518.371.1867 wswallow -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com
List Owner: HATT, WWP-Users, InFrame
Co-Moderator: SingleSourcing-Mgmt
WebWorks Wizard Editor of InFrame Magazine

Go to http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l