Re: Author Credit

Subject: Re: Author Credit
From: Doc <dlettvin -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:37:30 -0400

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 8:16:32, Joy_Owen -at- Dell -dot- com wrote:

>I'm asking because an engineer on my team wants me to put his name down to
>credit him for docs that he's worked on. These are all internal IT

I have never worked for a company that identified either writers or
developers in any public documents. But ...

I always sign my books whether the company knows it or not. That I've
been doing it for nearly 20 years is proof of my continuing

I also encourage any writer who works for me to embed an "easter egg"
in any work that is substantially a single writer project.

FWIW Many years ago the Ad Council, or some similar group had a PSA
about quality. The slogan was something along the lines of, "Do your
work as if your name was on it." The ad I remember had a photo of a
hamburger on an open bun with the name Mike written in mustard.

I like the idea.

South Hamilton, MA

"You cannot grow a beard in a moment of passion." - G.K. Chesterton

Go to