RE: Author Credit

Subject: RE: Author Credit
From: "Mark L. Levinson" <nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:08:09 +0200

Sean writes:
> Anyway, one of the things I would face in putting
> names on a software doc would be anyone who was interviewed,
> sent an e-mail about the book, caught a typo, or whatever,
> would want to be put on as a contributing author/editor.

I can imagine problems even among writing staff. In the
worst case, writers might be reluctant to give one another
a few minutes' help if it meant putting aside a book that
would be credited to them and working to improve a book
that wouldn't. Even in the best case, there could be
problems deciding what relative billing to give writers
who worked on the same book, whether they contributed
simultaneously or in successive editions. Not to
mention editors...

Mark L. Levinson
Herzlia, Israel
nosnivel -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il