RE: Of myth and reality

Subject: RE: Of myth and reality
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 05:51:53 -0600

I agree that the author was rather dismissive in her brief treatment of
single-sourcing, basically breezing by it by saying it doesn't work.

I think it might have been more appropriate to say that it was a highly
contested methodology, in which she personally had found little merit.
Although I do dislike it when people lightly drop in their opinions as
fact, I also realize that hey, it's her article, and that wasn't the main
point of it anyway.

But I do not feel the publication of this article indicates the STC's
dismissal of single-sourcing. There have been many articles supporting it
in the past, if memory serves.

Now and then I get annoyed by the opinions expressed (and the overall
fluffiness) of some of the articles in Intercom, but you know what? *I*
haven't submitted any articles to them, a fact which quiets my complaints.

After all, that is probably the best way to make sure your opinion is
heard: write and submit an engaging and educational article yourself. So I
may just have to do that. Wonder if anybody has submitted an article about
sig lines?

-Keith Cronin

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Which basically
balanced things out, so that they were just okay times.