How do I hide a whole table in Word?

Subject: How do I hide a whole table in Word?
From: Marguerite Krupp <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:54:28 -0400

Hi Folks,

I need your help with a Word table problem.
Scenario:
Word 2000, Win 2000

I'm trying to summarize the results of a meeting for distribution to a group
as a 12-page .doc file included as an email attachment. I'd prefer to use
Frame, but not everyone has it, and I want to make it available for reviewer
comments, so Word is the tool of choice.

Some items are not yet fully resolved, and for those items, I want to
include elements of the discussion, properly attributed to each contributor.
To do this, I set up 2-column tables after each item, including the
speaker's name in the left column, and the discussion in the right column.

Now, for distribution purposes, I want to hide the discussion, so that those
who want to see only the summaries, while those who want to see the whole
nine yards have only to click the paragraph icon on the toolbar to do so.

I can easily hide the table text using Format > Font > Hidden. But the
tables themselves remain intact. Removing borders takes away the lines, but
the space for the table remains.

Searching MS Word Help yielded nothing useful, though IME, you really have
to know the right keyword to find what you're after in Help, so it may
really be there.

So: how do I hide the whole table and make the space invisible, too, when
the paragraph icon is not clicked?

Thanks,
Marguerite