Re: Client requirements [was W2 vs. 1099...]

Subject: Re: Client requirements [was W2 vs. 1099...]
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:50:18 -0700

> ...All the client has to say in the matter is that I must
> contractually deliver X document in X format on X date.

But, to do that, you *typically* have to use Tool X, as the client demanded, which is precisely the point under discussion.

Besides, we're not just talking about *creation* tools. The client can also dictate which access-control and versin-management tool you use. They may require you to use their in-house time-tracking tool in order to submit invoices for your hourly rate. They may require you to copy interim source files to their servers every day.

There are lots of tools a client can require you to use without the IRS saying you're really an employee.

Sheesh (again).

N O W A V A I L A B L E !

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

Now with fully integrated cross-references, target frames and windows,
multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries, and more!

Re: W2 vs. 1099...: From: joanne grey
Re: W2 vs. 1099...: From: dmbrown
Client requirements [was W2 vs. 1099...]: From: joanne grey