Myth vs. reality

Subject: Myth vs. reality
From: DowningLst -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:54:12 EDT

I read that article Bill Swallow was complaining about, and, at the risk of
sounding like I've been possessed by the spirit of Andrew Plato, I more or
less agreed. The requirements of printed manuals ARE different enough from
those of online help that I don;t think the idea of trying to make one set of
text do double-duty is a good one. Still, I wish that article had given more
space to the idea of tagged chucks of information, because that does seem
like a possible way of pulling it off.