RE: Voice Recognition Software...

Subject: RE: Voice Recognition Software...
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 15:41:28 +0100

> Fortunately, human beings have
>this thing called "categorical perception" that lets us ignore all the
>variations, but can you program that into a computer?

Sometimes you can't even program it into a human...

Am gonna redup noo an'gaw fera bevvy. A'll hae a troch 'o roch, un a puck 'o
richy peg. Fit like? Snow yoor round, sma round.

Jane Carnall
Jed: "So, we'll just, you know...pretend there's no candlelight."
Leo: "Or that we're not paranoid homophobes in any way."
Apologies for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and outwith
my control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.