RE: editor to writer ratio

Subject: RE: editor to writer ratio
From: rbilbao -at- us -dot- amadeus -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:37:43 -0400

<<<What is your current ratio of writers to editors? What do
you think is an ideal ratio of writers to editors? I know -- it depends. But
in your situation, what works or what do you think would work better?>>>

Hi Karen,
At my job there are 2 technical writers, and about 12 training content
developers to one lonely editor. She also writes content herself sometimes,
edits for the marketing department (a team of about 5) on occasion, and if
that's not enough, she's the tech writers' supervisor as well! We could use
about two more editors but haven't had any luck justifying it to management. I'm
vying for an assistant editor position to be created (as an aside to being tech
writer) as we speak.
Phew!
Rhina

This email message and information contained in or attached to this message
may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure and is intended
only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient any retransmission, dissemination, printing or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error, please immediately inform the sender by
reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. This footnote also
confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the
presence of computer viruses. Thank you.