RE: Tip for clean screenshot background

Subject: RE: Tip for clean screenshot background
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:27:14 -0700 (PDT)

Cool tip. Thanks. Learned something new with that one. I can see how it would be useful. :-)

Someone mentioned Alt + PrintScreen as an alternative. In the application I'm documenting, this doesn't always work, so we end up having to crop most of our grabs. Also, if we take a grab with Alt + PrintScreen and try to use the graphic to paste over an existing SHG file in RoboHelp, we sometimes get artifacts, or bizarre color changes. It's not the color settings, we've checked.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag