ADMIN: Leave of Absence

Subject: ADMIN: Leave of Absence
From: "Deborah S. Ray" <debray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 08:32:18 -0600

Hi gang,

For a variety of reasons, I'll be taking a leave of absence
from my TECHWR-L site publishing, development, and maintenance
duties from now until September 1, 2002.

Over the past several months, we've seen a sharp decline
in sponsorships and ad revenue, which are what cover server
costs, hardware and software upgrades and maintenance, article
publishing, and overall TECHWR-L site development. We've responded
to this decline in a few ways--for example, through modifying the
publishing schedule, budget, and production, and through exploring
ways to minimize server/hardware/software maintenance costs, along
with other behind-the-scenes efforts.

Is TECHWR-L in trouble? No, but we need to further adjust
to the decline in sponsorships and ad revenue to ensure
that TECHWR-L remains a stable, long-term resource.

Under normal circumstances, we would simply further adjust
publishing, behind-the-scenes efforts, and plans here at
the need to accommodate the decline in sponsorships and revenue
coincides with some other issues (in particular, I'm having
major surgery later this month), making a leave of absence
(along with further adjustments) a prudent option to address
both issues.

>From now until September 1st:

* If you have technical difficulties with the list or site,
please email Eric at ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-

* If you have submitted (or plan to submit) queries or
articles for publication on the TECHWR-L site, please
wait to do so until September, as I'll be revising
the publishing goals and procedures.

* If you have editorial or site-maintenance questions or
comments, please submit them; your emails will be addressed
after September 1st.

* If you have questions about information in this email,
please contact me directly at debray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot-

I look forward to returning to work on TECHWR-L in early
September.

Best,
Deborah

http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/
Eric -- Listowner Deborah -- Webmaster/Editor