Something more to put after the full stop.

Subject: Something more to put after the full stop.
From: "Mark Emson" <mt -dot- emson -at- ntlworld -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:07:43 +0100

Great insight guys, thanks.

I must admit to being a little embarrassed every time I post to this group.
The depth and breadth of knowledge, particularly from those of you who seem
to have an valid angle on every subject, is quite overwhelming.

The comments on clarity and comprehension seem to make most sense and I
suppose that rules are only there for those of us not bright enough to know
better. On the subject of native speakers, it has occurred to me that maybe
native speakers are at a disadvantage when set against the educated
'foreigner'. As infants we learn by example and only learn the 'rules' when
we go to school. As an adult student we already understand the concept of
language and this time we learn the real rules of the new language because
now, as adults, we need also to understand the subject, not just apply it.

Mark Emson