RE: editor to writer ratio

Subject: RE: editor to writer ratio
From: Richard Lippincott <richard -dot- lippincott -at- ae -dot- ge -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:11:41 -0400

Karen Neeb posted:
>What is your current ratio of writers to editors? What do
>you think is an ideal ratio of writers to editors?

Actually, with one editor for nine writers you're doing very well. The most
editor-heavy places that I have worked have had about one editor for every
ten writers. It's been as low as about one editor for 20 writers...or at my
current job, there are no designated editors at all.

--Rick Lippincott
Saugus, MA