Interleaf 6.4 to PDF

Subject: Interleaf 6.4 to PDF
From: <dcreuziger -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:03:50 -0400

Hi all,

Does anyone out there have any somewhat recent experience with creating color PDF files from Interleaf? There probably aren't many Interleaf users on the list, so please reply to me directly. I'll be happy to post any resolution to the list, tho.

Specifics: Windows 2000, Interleaf 6.4, Acrobat 5

I'm working on a rather large library of legacy documentation (last updated in 1999), and we need to update the docs, and then create PDFs for each book. I won't go into the details here, but basically, I can create a PDF for each chapter (file) in a book, but I can't get the process to work for an entire book file. And in the resulting chapter PDFs, the color headings are black instead of teal. I know this probably has something to do with how Interleaf creates its pseudo Postscript file, and I'm sure that my printer selection has some involvement as well. Plus I think I need the pl2ps macro but it doesn't seem to be included on the Interleaf CD. Anyway, I'm trying to narrow the field of things to investigate.

I've searched the archives as well as tons of places on the internet (there's lots about converting from Ileaf to Word or Framemaker, tho), but there's nothing on this particular subject.

Thanks in advance,
Deb

Debbie Creuziger
Computer Associates
Technical Writer
debbie -dot- creuziger -at- ca -dot- com