Re: Osaka-ben

Subject: Re: Osaka-ben
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

Mmmmmm
Okay. :-)

What prompted this comment was that when I was there, I was watching some show with the family I was staying with, and the father pointed to the subtitles and said something about the dialect. It was a comedian, so nauturely I assumed he was from Oosaka (hehe)...well, that's not entirely true, the dad told me he was from Oosaka. He said something about needing to translate......From what I remember, there was a set of characters then a second set of characters in parenthases and that what he was talking about....mmmm. He was probably making a joke that I didn't pick up on.

Sorry for the disinformation. :-)

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

"Whatever you do, do NOT let your editorial decisions be made by the squiggly spell-checking lines in Word!" ~Keith Cronin, Techwr-l irritant ;-)

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email -at- yourgroup -dot- org by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag