Re: weight as measure (was recommended reading )

Subject: Re: weight as measure (was recommended reading )
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:45:12 -0500

True story: my eldest daughter, her senior year in high school, took what's called concurrent enrollment: her senior year of English was her freshman year of college English. Thanks to a kid the year before who wrote some overly long term paper, they had a 20 page limit. The ONLY way she could get the paper down to the required length (she LOVED everything she had to say on the subject) was to use a SIX point font. The teacher took one look at the microscopic print and told her, "OK, this meets the requirements, now tonight I want you to print me out a copy in a font size I can READ!!!"

Justin Ressler wrote, in part:

Remember in high school (ok...college...) when you had to write a paper of a
specific length? You would shorten the margins, maybe sneak the font a size bigger...it seems I am doing the same thing now.