RE: STORY: Goober's Best Conversation of the Day

Subject: RE: STORY: Goober's Best Conversation of the Day
From: "Jane Carnall" <jane -dot- carnall -at- digitalbridges -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 16:15:35 +0100

-----Original Message-----
>In addition to being humerous, Goober's posts draw attention to both
>the Techsmith ads and the "paid for" section of the list, thus giving a
>probably unintended boost to both Eric and Techsmith! A true win-win . .

I think so. I really enjoy the Goober-ads for Techsmith. But I wonder how
the author of the "Dan the Technical Writer" ads feels about Goober's cute
parodies? Technically :-) parodies are a protected form of free speech, but
I suppose the Dan author might feel that s/he isn't paying good money to see
those carefully-crafted ads parodied for free. If so, I think this is a
reasonably legitimate objection (nothing to stop Goober sending those of us
that love them his parodies offlist). If the Dan author raises no objection,
however, I hope Eric will continue to allow Goober to lighten our sad and
crazy days.

Yes, it's Monday and I'm depressed, why do you ask?

Jane Carnall
"They are prisoners of their own dreams and illusions, as we were 30 years
ago. If the issue is between our and their illusions, we will never resolve
the conflict." Unless stated otherwise, these opinions are mine, and mine
alone. Apologies for the long additional sig: it is added automatically and
outwith my control.

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.