RE: User Guide - best practices

Subject: RE: User Guide - best practices
From: Lisa Conway <Lisa -dot- Conway -at- MEDecision -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:41:35 -0400

Thanks everyone for your help with this. I'm going to look into either
having two manuals, one task based and one that only describes the software
features without tasks or I'm going to divide the user guide into two
sections within the same manual. We'll see which one my manager prefers.
Either way, I agree that they should be separated. Right now we have the
task-based manual and then the user guide that includes all of that plus the
features and it's just repeated info. Thanks again for all of your
suggestions.

Lisa Conway
Technical Writer
MEDecision, Inc.