Re: Fw: Why do we put so many warnings in our manuals?

Subject: Re: Fw: Why do we put so many warnings in our manuals?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 18:11:23 +0000

Bob wrote:

> ...Victims or their families are forced to
> sue anybody and everybody who has any connection with the accident, no
> matter how remote, to find the money.

Keith called himself, "a grumpy old man who believes in being responsible for my actions and any problems they may cause."

All this fuss over an urban legend that is as old as the hills. I first heard it back in the 70's about an Arab who became rich from the oil crisis and had never driven before....

Diane Evans
Technical Writer, who's teenaged son was once running in a water park, slipped and broke his foot. While the management was racing around, calling 911, and hoping I wouldn't sue, I was doing everything I could not to severely injure the child in front of all of them: "How many times have I told you not to run near water???????!!!!!!!"