RE: Telecommuters: laptop or desktop?

Subject: RE: Telecommuters: laptop or desktop?
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:50:56 -0700

Ah, but losing even one day can sometimes be a very bad thing. And you are
not losing 1 day - you are losing 2 cause it takes another day to put it
back together. If you can take the laptop to the systems people and tell
them "Make this work!" while you do what is needed on the other machine to
keep working, the actual impact is not that bad.

You assume that all clients/employers actually test their stuff well? Many
times in my company we are pulled in and do QA as we write. Most small
software houses are like that. There is no time to wait until a stable
build happens - that may be the day they ship!

It really works best. Been doing this for more than a few years, been
advising this for more than a few years. Every writer I have ever told to
get 2 at some point has one machine go down and is thrilled they have the
second, if they took my advice.

Your mileage may vary. I have class! (ta'i chi, I mean!)

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
909-369-8590