Re: Telecommuters: laptop or desktop?

Subject: Re: Telecommuters: laptop or desktop?
From: Jeffrey Osier-Mixon <jefro -at- mcn -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 20:53:47 -0700

> Why would you need to have a Desktop as well or a docking station? I do not
> see the added value having a desktop at homeas well, what would you do when
> you need to update the desktop? Burn a CD from the laptop and then put it
> copy it into the desktop, sounds like far to much hard work to me.

If you're happy working with just a laptop, there's certainly nothing wrong with
it. I had a hard time getting used to the limitations of a laptop, which I guess
is why I asked in the first place. Maybe I should listen to myself and realize
that I feel I work best on a desktop system, though I like the flexibility of a
laptop too.

As for copying back and forth, networks work wonderfully.

RE: Telecommuters: laptop or desktop?: From: Richard Weir