RE: Variables in Word

Subject: RE: Variables in Word
From: "Jonathan West" <jwest -at- mvps -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:23:18 +0100

Hi Kathleen,

> I wanted to create a variable for a feature that is named
> something bogus now but will be formally named sometime in the
> future. I would rather use a variable than do a search and
> replace when the time comes.

You can do this without VBA. Create a custom document property (go to File,
Properties, and click on the Custom tab). This can be referred to within the
text using a DOCPROPERTY field. When you change the value of the property,
the field contents will reflect this when you next update them.

Jonathan West

RE: Variables in Word: From: EXT-Kathleen.Melly