Re: Deleting color definitions in FrameMaker 6.0?

Subject: Re: Deleting color definitions in FrameMaker 6.0?
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:26:29 -0400

>Hi all,
>I'm updating an old FrameMaker document. I'm
>unable to update the book because one file has
>different color definitions than the other files
>in the book.
>As far as I can tell, none of the color definitions
>in the file are used. So, I tried to delete the
>definitions. Unfortunately, Frame isn't deleting
>the definitions as expected.
>(I realize that I can get around the book updating
>problem by importing the color definitions into
>all of the other files in the book, but I don't
>want to do this if the color definitions aren't
>Has anyone else experienced this? What might be
>causing Frame to retain the color definitions?
>Thanks for your help,

I remember there being a bug at one time that wasn't allowing some color definitions to be deleted in FrameMaker. The only way I was able to get rid of the color definitions was to save the file as a .mif, open the .mif file in an ascii editor, and delete the definitions there.

Pat Anderson,
Documentation Manager, Design Products
tel: (416) 874-8375
email: panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com