Re: Average Hours Worked

Subject: Re: Average Hours Worked
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:50:13 -0700 (PDT)

> At the risk of sounding like one of those whiny
types who always claims to
> be oppressed by The Man, I do feel there's a double
standard here. We are
> expected to "pitch in and take one for the team,"
working extra hours
> whenever the promised deliverable requires it, with
no extra compensation.
> But is it okay for us to work LESS hours, for the
same compensation, as
> long as we get our work done?

At any decent company, yes. Its just that if you're
seen leaving everyday at 2pm, you'll probably be
handed more work. Since you can obviously get it all
done in less time.

Andrew Plato

http://health.yahoo.com