ADMIN: Server failure and more

Subject: ADMIN: Server failure and more
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 07:36:32 -0600 (MDT)

Gang,
We had a hardware failure on lists.raycomm.com
yesterday morning--it's dead. We moved the list
functions to a different (but overloaded) server,
so everything is still up and running, but
there are no assurances that there won't be
unexpected issues related to the change.

Total downtime was less than 3 hours, in the
early Saturday morning timeframe, so you probably
didn't notice anything.

It'll take some time to get the server fixed
(have to order some parts), and until that happens,
I expect that there might be some delivery delays
or the like. Let me know if you see something
_really_ odd, but please be patient.

(Deb's surgery went well and she's on the mend.)

Eric
ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com