RE: Average hours worked

Subject: RE: Average hours worked
From: "LeVie, Donald S" <donald -dot- s -dot- levie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 08:46:03 -0700

Donn Le Vie, Jr.
Technical Publications Project Manager
Technical Communications Council Manager
Personal Client Architecture Components Group
Intel Corporation

I'll bet most of us have other pursuits we'd rather be involved with than
what we do from 8am to 5pm. I put in my 8 to 9 hours a day and then I'm off
to my own writing and music projects. When I'm not practicing or recording,
I'm working on 2 books. I sometimes play out-of-town recitals and
weddings/parties (classical and fingerstyle guitar) which means I'm
traveling on the weekends or putting in a late nite. I love it because when
I step out of this career, I'll be walking into another--one that I want to
do for the rest of my life--and my wife knows this and supports me 100%.
When you love what you do, you don't have to watch the clock any more.

But "technical writing" for me is more project and people management,
dealing with all types of personalities while resolving conflicts, etc.
While I very much enjoy what I do, I do it to pay the bills, be able to
afford nice things, build (repair?) my investment portfolio, and go on great
vacations with my wife. I'll be doing this until that income can be replaced
by these other interests (oh, did I mention that rich uncle who has me in
his will?)...

Donn Le Vie
Technical Publications Project Manager
Technical Communications Council Manager
Personal Client Architecture Component Group
Intel Corporation

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com