Mousing Around In A PDF

Subject: Mousing Around In A PDF
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:54:38 -0700 (PDT)

So there I was, minding my own business, reading through a large PDF. I was using my
mouse with a little wheel on it and scrolling down the document by (twiddling?) the
wheel to move through a page and from page to page.

Suddenly, I realize that I'm skipping pages in the PDF. My first thought was that
the document's pagination was off, but no, that wasn't it. It seems that when I use
the next page/previous page arrows in Acrobat I can see the missing pages, but when
I use the wheel, I skip a page. But not just any old page. The page I'm skipping is
a title page. But I don't skip it when I use the next/previous page arrows.

But wait! There's more! Further investigation reveals that I pick up the very pages
I'm missing when I set the magnification to "Fit Visible" in Acrobat. Now I can
wheel my way through the PDF without skipping anything.

I am confused, I am. Has anyone else run into this problem? Should I spend time
'fixing' it, or is it just one of those little anomalies that make life interesting?
(My biggest concern, frankly, is how users will react if THEY notice this little
oddity.)

With Warmest Regards,

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
Personal Web Page - http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 07/19/02
--The opinions expressed in this email are mine...at least I think they're mine...I'm almost positive.--

http://health.yahoo.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com