Re: ISO-9000 certification

Subject: Re: ISO-9000 certification
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 17:00:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/5/02 12:10:21 PM Mountain Standard Time,
eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com writes:

> ISO 9000 implementation is often a crock and the registration process does
> little to enforce the true spirit of the standards. The idea behind ISO
9000
> is
> a good and sound one that could be applied in many areas.

A company I worked for went through the certification process. We started out
doing it right, then we stopped. Eventually, we more or less forgot the
certifications and started doing the same old thing in the same old way.

We created and used documents that were not controlled and in some cases, we
had different versions of the documents. Some products came and went without
any documentation whatsoever.

I am sure we are no different than many other manufacturers. This is why ISO
XXXX Certified means little to me.

What upset me was the managers who had just come into the company were
awarded with accolades for their efforts to get us certified, and the people
who busted their fatty parts got nothing.

Bob

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com