Operational Manuals - Please Help

Subject: Operational Manuals - Please Help
From: Anthony <anthony_colello -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Everyone,

This contract continues to get more interesting by the
day. Now we're going to develop an operational manual
from scratch for the company's architecture and its
various computer components.

Next week I am going to go to the home office to
assess the situation on existing documentation. I'm
going to be speaking with several managers that run
various parts of the architecture.

What sorts of questions should I be asking these
managers when I am meeting with them?

What sorts of things should I include in this manual
that would be useful to the technical staff?

Since this is from scratch, what technique should I
use to estimate completion time? Does anyone have an
average number of pages per day of writing for an
operational manual? Is there a good source for such
things?

I've done this sort of thing before, but never from
scratch and am open to suggestions.

Thanks for the input.

- Anthony

http://health.yahoo.com