RE: Knock it off

Subject: RE: Knock it off
From: "Anita Lewis" <anital -at- threerivers-cams -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:30:35 -0500

Goober said (snip)
>I have yet to see a personal attack in this thread.

The thing is, from some people's perspective, personal attacks on
whomever have occurred. And as we all know, perspective IS reality. My
reality is going to be different than someone else's reality because our
perspectives are different.

When I read posts on the list, I try to bear in mind that everyone's
perspective of the issue at hand is going to be different from mine,
maybe a lot, maybe just a smidge. The thing to remember is that we're
dealing with personalities, not math, so the answers will never add up
to the same thing. There's no right or wrong in an issue like this,
just opinions. And as some members have already pointed out, that
whether you live in the US or not, we all most likely have the freedom
to speak out as we wish.

Of course, everything I have said so far has been my opinion. My
opinion also happens to agree with Goober in that I don't think anyone
has been DIRECTLY attacked (my perspective), but I sure have seen a lot
of indirect comments on people's personalities.

I also think it's fun to watch the drama unfold, with all the
Anti-Andrews and the Pro-Andrews squaring off. Just a couple of weeks
ago I was thinking to myself that I wished that Andrew guy would come
back because the list was getting BORING. That's right, I admit it. I
read the list for entertainment as well for finding the occasional
kernel of info that will make my job easier. I'm not Pro-Andrew or
Anti-Andrew. I'm just a spectator.

And it sure has been entertaining lately :-)

Anita Lewis
Three Rivers Systems, Inc.
Training & Customer Support
"What can be said at all can be said clearly."
Ludwig Wittgenstein

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com