Bombs in the Workplace

Subject: Bombs in the Workplace
From: Tuples -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:12:12 EDT

I have been asked to write a short item about dealing with serious threats in
the workplace. I almost decided that I was unqualified, but then it hit me. I
had actual experience with this several years ago.

We found an honest to goodness bomb in a locker. Management decided to have
security move the item outdoors rather than evacuate the building and notify
the bomb squad. So they carried it across the production floor to the exits.

One supervisor mentioned that there was no need to evacuate because of the
time it would take to restart some of the equipment we used.

My problem is ethics. We were a division of a larger corporation so I am
hesitant to mention the company. Personally, I do not think I should.

Any comments?

Bob

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com