CYAWAM (was: Pleasing a manager...)

Subject: CYAWAM (was: Pleasing a manager...)
From: Charles E Vermette <cvermette -at- juno -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:39:11 -0400

Kevin McLauchlan said:

<<<Thus the standard admonition to CYAWAM...Or, in these more modern
times... cover it with an e-mail. Whenever I get any kind of change of
direction or project emphasis, or even after an informal meeting where a
few things were discussed, I write an e-mail saying: "My understanding
from our meeting, this morning, is...If I've missed or misunderstood
anything, please let me know."...>>>

Another side benefit of this practice...folks who are playing office
games, trying to cut corners, go around bosses, shift responsibility,
etc. seem to stop quickly when you start sending emails like this with
all parties ccd...

Chuck

Charles E. Vermette
85 Washington Park Drive, Norwell MA 02061
781-659-1836
e-mail: cvermette -at- juno -dot- com
web: http://www.charlesvermette.com

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l