RE: Marcom writing samples

Subject: RE: Marcom writing samples
From: Kim Roper <kim -dot- roper -at- vitana -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 16:52:47 -0400

An anonymous poster made this request:

> I've been asked to provide marketing communication writing
> samples.

> Any recommendations from the marcom
> writers out there?
> I need to decide soon, especially if I'm writing a sample for them.

I know Karen Black and Keith Cronin--among others--are just *waiting* for me
to say this ...

One of the best examples of marcomm technical writing is the online product
catalogue for Lee Valley Tools. It's even more chock-a-block with
information than their hardcopy catalogues, since it includes the stuff from
the hardcopies PLUS some of the written material that comes with the
products (such as instructions).

For example, the Box Tool (thanks, Keith):

... and Lee Valley Magnetic Kits (I really like these things):,104,45481&absp

If you click the "view" or "instr" links, you'll see additional information,
such as product instructions.

(Darn, I'm drooling on the monitor again.)

I don't work for Lee Valley; I just love their stuff (including their
catalogues) ... and I know I'm not the only one on the list who does.

Cheers ... Kim

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com