RE: Glossary Predicament!

Subject: RE: Glossary Predicament!
From: "Fiona Hurley" <fiona -dot- hurley -at- gtnet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:01:56 +0100

While we're on the subject of acronyms: Does anyone else hate pointless
capitalisation of words that are not acronyms?

I remember trying in vain to find out what EPOC expanded into, convinced it
must stand for Extraordinary Psion Operated Computing, or something like
that. Nope, it's just a word with all capitals, for no good reason other
than that someone wanted it to SHOUT off the page. Annoying.

Fiona Hurley,
Graham Technology plc,
India of Inchinnan,
Renfrewshire,
Scotland PA4 9LH.

This email (and any attachment) is private and confidential. If you were
not meant to receive it, please delete it and tell us by phone or email.
Although we scan all email and attachments we do not accept responsibility
for viruses.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com