Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...

Subject: Re: I'm taking my marbles and going home...
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:40:24 -0700

Grant, Christopher wrote:

Technical Writers don't need to =be= experts, they just need =access= to experts.

Sorry, but I can't disagree more.

Chris:

I wish I'd said that. Thanks for a listing of reasons why you need to know your subject.

Of course, hundreds of long-time list members are probably gone into fetal position underneath their work stations at the revival of this old, old topic.

However, considering the common view that writers are experts in writing and nothing else, and the new members that seem to be on the list these days,maybe the revival isn't such a bad thing.

"A story untold could be the one that kills you."
- Pat Conroy, "Beach Music"

and more from the TECHWR-L Store. All proceeds support TECHWR-L. http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/store.aspx?storeid=techwhirl

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l