Marbles: going, going, gone...

Subject: Marbles: going, going, gone...
From: wordsync -at- swbell -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:14:04 -0600

I want to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and good wishes. A few
people mentioned tools and/or skills they thought would be marketable, and
others let me know that Web designers/writers aren't doing too well right
now either. I appreciate each and every response.

My decision to move wasn't made easily, because I was going to have to
break up my family in the process (divorced mom, three teenagers). Staying
in Houston was not a possibility with all resources depleted. However, the
situation has changed and my whole family is going with me. While the job
market in Mobile may be poor, we will have a roof over our heads, food to
eat, and a support network of family and friends.

If I sounded like I was complaining, maybe I was, because a year of
unemployment will leave a person pretty frustrated, especially when you
have a family to support and a place has been your home for twenty years.
Change can be good,however, and we have all gained some peace from having
made the decision. I am going to look into grant money, learn some new
skills, and enjoy being close to my aging parents for the first time in
twenty-seven years.

Did you need to know this much about me? Probably not, but I just wanted
to bring an end to the thread--my original thread, anyway. Thank you
again, each of you. You have each been blown a kiss by a southern belle
heading back home to the heart of dixie...

Pat

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com