RE: MS Word--Page Breaks

Subject: RE: MS Word--Page Breaks
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:36:08 -0600

Sean wrote:

>As for the ZIP thing, that only means that the PDF was created to be
>compact. If your word doc file is as efficient, then ZIP will not
>compress it very much, either. Right?

Regardless of Word's "efficiency," a Word doc will zip down significantly
smaller than a zipped PDF of that same Word doc, from my experience.

When dealing with the tightly puckered mailservers many companies
maintain, every little bit helps. I hate it when I have to e-mail a bunch
of PDFs - it usually requires multiple ZIP files.

Keith Cronin

Until you finish writing the Adobe Manual of Style, quit complaining about
the Microsoft Manual of Style and get back to work, you.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com