RE: Do I have to understand the material?

Subject: RE: Do I have to understand the material?
From: "Abelove, Amanda" <Amanda -dot- Abelove -at- unistudios -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 10:40:42 -0700

I think there is a difference between "up to speed" and "expert." The
person who built the thing is an expert. The tech writer just needs to
understand it. There are different information levels expected for
different types of documentation...

A tech writer needs at least a 4 year SCIENCE degree to document a stereo
for a patent or other highly technical doc. A tech writer can study
anything and still be able to write a booklet to tell someone's mom how to
turn on the stereo.

http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com